Taken from starwolf. My answers aren’t nearly as poetic as hers.
wrote a post about the interview she gives to new characters she’s thought of. It’s more interesting than most of the interview memes, so I’m going to use it. If you do the same, please let me know so I can read your answers, and leave the credit to in your post.
1. What do you look like, and how old are you?
I’m about 5’7, fat, and pear-shaped. I have very fair skin and short, dark brown hair with lots of red highlights, going grey at the temples. I have green eyes, which are usually hidden by my glasses, though I do wear contacts at times.
2. Do you have any pieces of clothing or jewelry that you love? What do those look like?
I’m pretty fond of a dangly pair of Celtic knot earrings at the moment. I’m missing my knotwork bracelet, which I need to fix. I’ve gotten out of the habit of wearing most jewelry, but I like rings a lot.
3. What are your friends like? What sort of society do you travel in?
An accepting one 🙂 My friends are mostly queer or queer-friendly, polyamorous (or accepting of it), and either not very spiritual or on liberal paths (pagan, UU, loving Christianity, etc.). They are very interesting, intelligent, and creative, with very lively senses of humor.
4. What was life like for you growing up?
A mix of great and terrible. I was sexually abused as a child (not in my home!) and there was alcoholism, physical, verbal, and spiritual abuse in our home. That home was far more stable and safe than many other people’s were, though. My parents are still together and continue to be a part of my life. They did a good job of rearing us to be responsible adults.
5. If your current life was more or less burned down and you could keep only one thing or person, what or who would it be?
That is a VERY hard question! Katie is my priority, though.
6. Is there anyone who hates you? Do they have a good reason? (Note: most characters will lie about that second question, but their lies are often enlightening.)
Yes. And yes, by their lights, though not by mine.
Edit: 6a, added by me: Is there anyone you hate? Do you have a good reason?
Yes, there are people I hate. They’ve deliberately harmed me and mine, which I consider a damned good reason.
7. Are you religious? What form does your religion take?
I’m not a religious person at all. I am spiritual, in a fairly quiet way. I don’t do formal rituals for the most part.
8. What are you attached to? Does it bring you joy, sorrow, or both?
My chosen family, my circle of friends, my family of origin. They bring me joy far more than sorrow.
9. What do you think of people who don’t follow your moral or ethical code?
They have a right to live their way, as long as they do not infringe on my or others’ rights in doing so.
10. What is your definition of evil? Good?
Evil is deliberately harming others, simply because you can or want to see them hurting. Good is doing the right thing, even when it isn’t the easy thing.
11. What have you given up to become who you are?
I’ve exchanged some independence for interdependence.