reginod, this made me think of you.
How to Win an Argument With a Cat
- Begin with a standard ontological argument, such as Gödel’s Theorum.
- Open with Definition 1: x is God-like if x has as essential properties those and only those properties which are positive.
- Your cat will likely counter that no definition of the notion of “positive property” is supplied with the proof. At most, the various axioms which involve this concept can be taken to provide a partial implicit definition.
- Ignore this interruption and continue with Definitions 2 and 3.
- Your cat will yawn to discourage you and remind you that if a property belongs to the set, then its negation does not belong to the set.
- Now is your opportunity to win. Quickly throw a Q‑Tip into a grocery bag and run away.
How to win an argument with a dog
Yell at it.