I just listened to this epidsode of a podcast that I like a lot; Science Friday: Making Science Radioactive.
In this episode, several people are interviewed about things relating to the topic. Here’s some of the things that they discuss:
- A milestone in science: Bladders are grown in labs and then put into children who were born with bladders that didn’t work very well.
- If and when we’ll be able to grow other body parts such as other organs, or even limbs.
- How expensive this might be.
- Mechanical hands, arms, and legs.
- Making humans so that they could actually regrow a lost limb, like creatures such as starfish are able to do.
It’s very interesting. Go check it out!