Is it really too much to ask that people who say they’re graduating at the end of the current semester with a degree in technical and professional communications be able to do the following?
1) Use standard English and speak clearly during a formal presentation, making eye contact with the audience.
2) Write a paper using standard American English spelling and grammar.
3) Read an article and understand it, so that the timeline or summary they write based on it is accurate.
4) Write a cohesive post to the class message board with clear points and facts supporting those points.
5) Post replies to others’ posts that consist of more than “I disagree” or “your (sic) wrong.”
I’m just saying…