Very, Very Monday

I was awak­ened this morn­ing by a phone call.

“Cyn? I was in an acci­dent. I need you to come get me.”

Hear­ing a part­ner say that on the phone guar­an­tees an instant wake-up.

Thank­ful­ly, curiousmay9 is fine. Her car isn’t. 

Today was a nasty, fog­gy, rainy day. It was­n’t pour­ing rain, but an inter­mit­tent mess that encour­aged hydroplan­ing. She was one of many affected.

I called upstairs and gave shad­owkatt the same kind of wak­ing jolt, “Hon­ey, curiousmay9 had a wreck, we have to go get her.”

Now, I was won­der­ing why the heck curiousmay9 was where she was as late as the acci­dent hap­pened because she is usu­al­ly at work by o’dark-thir­ty. She’d left home late because she was tired and the weath­er was nasty.

Traf­fic was still ridicu­lous­ly heavy and slow, so it took us a while to reach her. The police offi­cer was just fin­ish­ing up the paper­work, though, while flirt­ing with her. I can’t blame him, honestly.

We got her to work, then went ahead to the aller­gist for Katie’s twice-week­ly shots. The library was briefly blessed with our pres­ence, though we were remind­ed that Cob­b’s libraries suck. Tru­ly. Then we went home.

I man­aged to do some laun­dry and a round of kitchen clean­ing, and was just fin­ish­ing lunch when curiousmay9 called again. There was a prob­lem at the rental car office, thanks to red tape (insur­ance com­pa­ny, etc.) So off I went again into town.

Now, when I left, I had about 3 hours before it was time for shad­owkatt’s tap dance class. I should have been able to get there and back with no trouble.

Except today, when the nasty weath­er led to a wreck on every sin­gle major road I hit. I am not kidding—I‑20 east. I‑85 north, then south. There was a jack-knifed trac­tor-trail­er on I‑20 west as we came back, which had been hit by three cars and anoth­er 18-wheeler. 

The hour-long dance class was more than half over by the time we got home. It takes 45 min­utes to get there, so the girl did­n’t make it at all 🙁

At least sam­bear got the warn­ing about the sit­u­a­tion on I‑20 before he got stuck in it. Even with that, it took him more than 90 min­utes to get home.

Tomor­row will involve more bureau­cra­cy and shut­tling of cars and peo­ple around metro Atlanta as we deal with the after­math of the accident.

I think the whole world should stay home on days this nasty. Just telecom­mute, okay? It makes more sense!

Cur­rent Mood: 🙁exhaust­ed
Cyn is Rick's wife, Katie's Mom, and Esther & Oliver's Mémé. She's also a professional geek, avid reader, fledgling coder, enthusiastic gamer (TTRPGs), occasional singer, and devoted stitcher.
Posts created 4254

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top