Quiet New Year’s Eve

I wrote a post Mon­day night and nev­er got around to actu­al­ly post­ing it, so I’m reusing some of it.

I haven’t got­ten much stitch­ing done in the last few days, but I have worked to reclaim the dam­aged piece and scanned some more things to update the fin­ished projects and WIP sec­tions. I’ve also begun col­lect­ing pic­tures of the quilts my grand­moth­er made for a site about them.

I feel like I spent the last two days in the car! Well, maybe not IN the car, but I was out and about for far more of both days than I’m accus­tomed to any­more. I took advan­tage of Katie’s trav­el to take care of lots of errands I’d been putting off. One took far longer than the time I’d allot­ted, so I had to can­cel a check-up. I’ve resched­uled it for after the New Year. I’ve been try­ing to be a good girl and car­ry out my own res­o­lu­tions for the year by doing things I’d put off for WAY too long, like these med­ical visits.

My rheuma­tol­o­gist messed up the RX for my pain meds and pre­scribed Ultra­cet instead of Ultram. Ultra­cet, as I ver­i­fied with the phar­ma­cist, is the same RX ingre­di­ent (tra­madol) plus aceta­minophen (Tylenol). Ultra­cet is intend­ed to be tak­en short-term, for acute pain. I’m sup­posed to be tak­ing 100mg of Ultram 4 times a day every sin­gle day (that’s 8 total a day). Ultra­cet does­n’t actu­al­ly have as much tra­madol in it as two Ultram does. Aceta­minophen isn’t a good thing to take con­stant­ly if you like your liv­er, either. So I called and got her to change the RX Mon­day, and drove to Lawrenceville Tues­day to pick it up.

A com­plete­ly dif­fer­ent RX has just total­ly van­ished. It seems to be wher­ev­er the oth­er miss­ing stuff is hid­ing in this house.

Today I called anoth­er doc­tor’s office to point out that they’d gone and resched­uled my vis­it with her to tomorrow—which is a hol­i­day. They changed it to Friday.

While I was across town, I got togeth­er with a friend who I haven’t seen in about a dozen years. Togeth­er we went to meet my new nephew. He’s a cutie, of course. So tiny! And he has red hair. Mom has only been wait­ing 39 years for red-haired offspring!

After all the run­ning about, I just crashed today. I had nowhere that I had to be, so sweet sam­bear let me sleep in and drove in to work. I know that was more annoy­ing than tak­ing the bus, and it took a lot more of his ener­gy. I’m still tired, and in more pain than has been usu­al despite the pain meds and mus­cle relaxants.

We had sev­er­al invi­ta­tions for tonight, but real­ly don’t like to be out on New Year’s Eve due to the high num­ber of drunks on the road. (Okay, I don’t real­ly like being out on any hol­i­day for that rea­son.) We’re going to spend the evening just being together 🙂

Hap­py New Year to all of you!

Cyn is Rick's wife, Katie's Mom, and Esther & Oliver's Mémé. She's also a professional geek, avid reader, fledgling coder, enthusiastic gamer (TTRPGs), occasional singer, and devoted stitcher.
Posts created 4259

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top