I got this from , but I did see it in and ’s journals too. It got a LOT longer in the interim!
1. Copy this whole list into your journal.
2. Bold the things that you have in common with me.
3. Whatever you don’t bold, replace with things about you.
01. I have made bad decisions.
02. I love Italian food.
03. I’ve never felt any temptation to run away and join the circus. They’re smelly. And I never saw any books about a circus. I don’t really like circuses.
04. I like quite a few country songs
05. If I’m ever rich, I’m just going to go to school and take whatever courses strike my fancy. I adore learning.
06. Sometimes I wonder if anyone understands. But then I figure I’m probably being melodramatic. And I know that I don’t let most people as close as they think they are, so how could they really understand?
07. I hate not functioning as highly as I think I should.
08. I hate people who TypE LyKe D1s.
09. I also hate it when people use “how r u” instead of “how are you” And use the word “hun”. It should be “hon,” of course.
10. I am an excellent proofreader.
11. I’ve had several operations.
12. I’ve never broken a bone. (Hmmm — does cracking one count? I’m not sure.)
13. I love not wearing shoes.
14. I detest conflict.
15. I wish I had more to give.
16. I’m not a member of the mile-high club.
17. I have done lots of volunteer work.
18. I have a lot to learn.
19. I need to lose a good 15 pounds. (Actually, that needs another zero on the end for me.)
20. I don’t know who Lewis Black is.
21. I love music.
22. I always worry that I really sound like crap when I’m singing, and everyone is just too polite to say anything.
23. I like the people I like far more than I actually have the energy to give to them—so I try to avoid interacting with the others so they don’t steal any of that energy.
24. It usually takes me a while to process issues that are deeply emotional, then I do a core dump that can be very unsettling for my SOs when they aren’t used to that yet.
25. I dream of having a just-for-fun bookstore/coffee shop/stitching nook—basically bait for meeting neat new people in the real world.
26. I have issues. Doesn’t everyone?
27. I love hearing new kinds of (good) music.
28. I’m shy sometimes.
29. I both want somebody else to “be the grown-up” and take care of things like money and bills and feel unsafe if somebody else is in control of those things in my life.
30. I’m too nervous about most arts & crafts things to try them. I’m sure my efforts will be crappy.
31. I hate losing touch with people. Even if I don’t see them often, I want to know that anyone I’m fond of is still “there.” One of the things I like about the Internet is that it allows me to stay in touch with more people more easily.
32. I’m an information junkie.
33. If I’m bored, it means I’m really depressed.
34. I wish I had more time. I’m learning to make better use of the time I do have.
35. I want more children, but I also worry that I won’t be able to be a good parent to them because of my health.
36. I hate scrubbing the cat box. Scooping, scrubbing—the whole thing. But I hate the smell when it isn’t done more.
37. I hate cleaning up gross stuff like maggoty garbage.
38. I’m tired.
39. I’m seriously considering changing schools and majors.
40. I think that there are people that need to just go away. Permanently, in many cases. And I have to wish that karma worked far more quickly and directly for most of them.
41. I really enjoy creative and personal gifts, even if they cost nothing.
42. I worry terribly when people I love aren’t getting along well (or well enough) together, and want to “fix it.”
43. I try not to focus on all the mistakes I have made. Rather, I focus on the lessons learned and messages received.
44. I want a new stereo. And lots of other things. Really a “home entertainment system.”
45. I’m not a patient person in general, but I have absolutely NO patience with incompetence or willful ignorance.
46. I consider being a bitch to be quite the achievement for me, and I’m very proud of it.
47. I have never been water skiing or snow skiing.
48. I adore looking around and seeing my home neat, clean, and uncluttered.
49. My car has no bumper stickers. (Because I keep wanting to wait ’til it’s all clean, and then it got dinged and I want that fixed, and…)
50. I regret a few things in my life.
51. I like silence at times.
52. I’m the black sheep of my family.
53. I have good friends that I initially met online.
54. I think I’m getting over my perfectionism. Well, to some extent.
55. Most of the time, it feels like everybody else is thinking in slow motion.
56. I love to check things off on my to-do list.
57. I’d rather have very few clothes than put up with anything uncomfortable, or wear things I just don’t really like.
58. In the last few years I’ve come to feel very self-conscious about my accent which changes depending on who I’ve been around.
59. I’m very organized when I want to be.
60. I worry about whether or not I’ll ever be able to work “normally” again.
61. I like people who know how to laugh.
62. I hide a lot behind humor.
63. I fear substance abuse so much because of my family history that I’ve had a very hard time accepting my legitimate need for medications that have a potential for misuse.
64. I can be emotional. I don’t much like it, though.
65. I hate having anyone know when I cry.
66. But if someone I love doesn’t notice that I’m crying, I’m hurt. No, it doesn’t make sense.
67. I want more money.
68. I dream in color. I used to think everybody did. I still assume that people do unless they tell me otherwise.
69. I have two siblings. (Living ones).
70. I have a dark side. Again, doesn’t everyone?
71. I enjoy coloring.
72. I’ve recently discovered that I want a digitizing tablet.
73. I’m much more dangerous if I’m very quiet than if I’m yelling.
74. I’m not a spectator.
75. Affection is not uncommon in my house.
76. I play RPGs.
77. I am far too defensive at times.
78. I hate answering the phone, but I can’t stand hearing one ring unanswered.
79. I hate those stupid animated emoticons people use in email nowadays. They can’t do that except in HTML, and HTML in email is EVIL!
80. I drool over gadgets that I know I’d never use, just because they’re neat.
81. I’ve never seen Duran Duran in concert. I don’t want to and never have. I’m not much for big concerts anyway.
82. I hate it when girls walk around wearing next to nothing and complain when guys look.
83. I believe in love.
84. I don’t keep in contact with anyone I went to school with. I’d like to reconnect with some of them, though.
85. I despise close-minded people.
86. I am fiercely protective of my family and friends.
87. I’m even protective of people I don’t like if I think they’re being mistreated.
88. I don’t forgive easily.
89. I’m right-handed. I think I was originally left-handed but my first-grade teacher was the old-fashioned sort who forced everyone to write with their right hands.
90. I love the smell of baking cookies. The smell of most any baked goods baking is good.
91. There are other, far more important things that I should have been doing with this time.
92. I love being organized.
93. There is not much on TV I like to watch. Even when there is something I like, I forget to watch it.
94. I feel guilty when I sit down without some sort of work in my hands.
95. I’m very sensitive to smells.
96. I wish I had a house with land. A house would be a darned good start, though.
97. I’m a total failure at traditional meditation.
98. I like to surround myself with beauty.
99. I can cross-stitch.
100. I like doing jigsaw puzzles.
I wasn’t at all sure about these:
Most people don’t know how to take me at first. Did you know how to take me? Do you? Hell, I don’t know how to take me!
I am controlling in many areas of my life. I’ve actually let go in areas in which I was far more controlling in the past.
I’m not as young as I look, or as old as I feel. Goddess knows I’m not as old as I feel, but I have no idea how old I look!