Cohousing?

I’m work­ing on my final project for the tech­ni­cal writ­ing course, which is a com­par­i­son of cohous­ing devel­op­ments to sin­gle-fam­i­ly and more tra­di­tion­al mul­ti-fam­i­ly hous­ing. I’m find­ing it dif­fi­cult to find any of the books I want to use as ref­er­ences in the library (school or two coun­ties). Do any of you who are local hap­pen to have books on the sub­ject? Copies of Com­mu­ni­ties mag­a­zine, maybe? I’d appre­ci­ate a chance to look at such things rather than need­ing to buy them via Ama­zon!

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Cohousing?”

1. matthieu Says:
    May 20th, 2008 at 7:09 am

Sor­ry about that. For inter­views with cohousers on key top­ics, watch the doc­u­men­tary “Voic­es of Cohous­ing. Rebuild­ing vil­lages in the city”, award win­ner at the 34th Eko­top­film fes­ti­val 2007 and nom­i­nat­ed at 9th Gold Pan­da Awards. Eas­i­ly acces­si­ble online http://notsocrazy.net. Enjoy!

2. Strudel Says:
    May 20th, 2008 at 5:39 pm

You could try using Inter­Loan through your library. That’s where you can order books in from oth­er libraries if your own one doesn’t have it. School libraries don’t usu­al­ly charge for this ser­vice.

Hope this helps 🙂

3. Susie Mills Says:
    May 22nd, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Much of the infor­ma­tion on Cohous­ing is on the Inter­net. The very nov­el­ty of cohous­ing in most parts of the coun­try ensure loads of blogs and news­groups.

Cre­ate an Alert using google or yahoo with the term cohousing–you’ll get loads of use­ful links and can fol­low up on the ones you like.

Good luck.

4. Susie Mills Says:
    May 22nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

I’d be very, very inter­est­ed in see­ing your final paper. Can you send me a copy?

Susie
    seaseal@got.net

5. Ariah Fine Says:
    May 28th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Def­i­nite­ly inter­est­ed in your paper as well. Any chance you’ll make it avail­able?

6. cyn Says: