My sweeties have gone out for supplies. One of the supplies requires a trip into Atlanta proper, so it’ll be a while. I volunteered to stay home with the kiddies since two of them haven’t been to that particular place before. I’m just hoping I’ll still be awake when they get home!
1) If you could be instantly fluent in one other language that you currently do not read or speak, which would it be?
Italian. I just love how it sounds.
2) If you could have the starring role in any film already made, what would it be?
I dunno. I’d be thrilled to be Inara in Firefly, though.
3) If you could receive one small package this very moment, who would it be from and what would be in it?
Hmm. It would have had to be from someone who is dead now, but who knows—maybe his parents have that stuff now. While I was in the hospital, my second husband took out a loan from his parents using all of my real jewelry, among other things, as collateral. It was in both our names, though I had no knowledge of it at the time and didn’t sign anything myself. When we split up, he kept all of the jewelry. It included some things that had a lot of sentimental value, but honestly, the whole mess couldn’t have had that much monetary value. I still find myself looking for some of that stuff, like the antique cameo, at times, and missing it. And I really think the pearls he gave me on our wedding day should have gone to Katie.
4) If you could own one painting from any collection in the world but were not able to sell it, which work of art would you select?
Hmm. sambear really loves Edward Blair-Leighton’s The Accolade, but you can easily get posters of it. I don’t really feel a need to own the original of something to enjoy it. I’m more of a Carl Lundgren fan, and his pieces aren’t as widely distributed.
5) If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be?
6) If you could have only one piece of furniture in your house, what would it be?
Probably a bed. I don’t sleep well anywhere else.
7) If you could read the private diary of someone you know personally, whose diary would it be?
I wouldn’t. I just wouldn’t read anyone’s private diary without permission. And having someone else read your private diary makes it a very different thing than it was before, so I wouldn’t ask anyone to let me read such a thing.
8) If you could have one person you know as your slave well-paid and cared for domestic laborer for one month, who would it be?
Oh my. Um, A probably, because zie is both incredible company and intimidatingly multi-talented. Oh, and sexy. Very sexy.
9) If you could choose the way you will die, how would you want it to happen?
Hmm. Preferably without pain or warning, but then again, I’d like a chance to say goodbye to those I love and wrap things up as well as possible.
10) If you had to choose the worst home you’ve ever lived in, which one was it?
Hmm. Probably the basement apartment in my first mother-in-law’s house. Not because it was such a dreadful place or because I had a problem with my MIL (if I could have divorced him and kept his family, I would have!), but because that’s where we were living at the rather icky end of my first marriage and we really didn’t have enough privacy, which probably contributed to the problems between us.
11) If you could have prevented one thing from happening between you and a friend, what would it have been?
I wouldn’t have drifted apart from them.
12) If you had to describe yourself as a child in one word, what would it be?
Before or after the sexual abuse stuff? Before: exuberant. After: closed.
13) If you could own a single prop from any film ever made what would you choose?
Honestly? I can’t even remember a single prop from any film. I’m not big on films. You could probably tell by now, huh?