Posted by Cyn
These are the overtly pagan designs I’ve found — pagan including Wiccan and many other paths. The fact that I’ve listed a site here does not constitute an endorsement of the designs on it. Some of them are, by my standards, downright ugly. Others just aren’t to my tastes — but they are pagan. If you know of a site I’ve missed, please let me know!
- FieldAnForest’s pagan designs are In the Grove.
- Cauldron Crafts specializes in pagan and fantasy designs. They have four free designs available for Samhain, Imbolc, Lughnasadh and Mabon.
- Moongate Designs are carried by Fantasy Crafts. Note that there are two pages, and on the second page you may find the Earth Religion Signs and Symbols book of particular interest.
- Willow’s Crochet and Craft Store has some neat pentacle and sabbat patterns
- Cross Stitch Criteria has translated some of Robin Wood’s lovely artwork into cross-stitch.
- Designs by Stitch Witch
- Willow’s Place is the personal site for the author of Witch Crafts: 101 Projects for Creative Pagans. She has several lovely free designs available on her site.
- Twisted Ankle Design includes several different Goddess pieces and at least one Green Man.
- Magical Needlework — not a site, but a book by Dorothy Morrison
- Avalon Stitchery, “Pagan/Celtic/Medieval Cross-Stitch Patterns Designs by Margaret March.” Margaret is just getting started but has two very nice free patterns available and plans to release more soon.
- MagickStitches is a mailing list described as: “For Pagans, Wiccans, or any Earth Traditions interested in sharing techniques and discussion related to needlecrafts as a magickal tool. All needlecrafts are welcome-embroidery, counted cross stitch, quilting, needlepoint, crochet, and more. Discussion may focus on specific projects (ex: Tarot bag or altar cloth), project ideas or seasonal items.”
- Nathalie’s Designs
- MoonShadow Stitchery has some cute pagan designs in the free designs section of the site.
- Crafting the Craft is a mailing list that puts out one free project a month. They aren’t all needlework, but some are, and all the old projects are available in the list archies. They’ve just announced a new list as well, Paganettes, for kid-oriented projects.
- Vision Point Needlework Designs has some lovely free Goddess Symbol charts.
- Cutworks has some Green Man designs as well as some lovely Egyptian patterns.
- Stitch Witch Circle
- Original Magick Designs has graphs for the Rider-Waite tarot desk as well as a Wiccan Rede sampler with a knotwork border.