Posted by Cyn
I love Celtic knotwork. These pieces aren’t all knotwork, but include any kind of Celtic themes. The fact that a designer or company is Scottish, Irish, or Welsh doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be included, though. The fact that I’ve listed a site here does not constitute an endorsement of the designs on it. Some of them are, by my standards, downright ugly. Others just aren’t to my tastes — but they are Celtic. If you know of a site I’ve missed, please let me know!
- Clare’s Celtic Cornucopia has some lovely designs, include some by Michael Vickery that seriously endanger my budget. There are some freebies on the site.
- Dragon Fire Designs did have a complementary Celtic Knot pattern on their site. I can’t find it now, but I’ve written to ask if its still available. They keep releasing more and more beautiful designs.
- X-Calibre Designs Celtic Page
- At River’s End has a collection called “I Am Of Ireland”
- Textured Treasures offers some marvelous — and, from the looks of them — challenging designs. I especially like the Twilight, Midnight and Dawn series.
- Stacy’s Cross-Stitch Place has quite a few Scottish tartans graphed for cross-stitch.
- Classic Stitches — magazine published in Scotland with some lovely free patterns to download.
- Mearnscraft — Cross-Stitch from Scotland
- I recently ran across some very nice Celtic designs from Y-Knot Designs. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to have a web site at all. I did find some of the designs on the web site for New Zealand Needlecraft (along with other Celtic designs by other designers I’d never seen before).
- Aon Celtic Art & Illumination has several free designs, including some lovely knotwork.
- Hillcroft House has twenty different Celtic knot patterns available, according to their web site, as well as astrological designs.
- Jaye’s Stitchery has a wide variety of Celtic pieces.
- OK Studios has several nice free Celtic motifs.
- The Needlepoint Company has more Celtic designs and some nice moon and earth pieces.
- Jeanette Ardern Designs has a few Celtic pieces, some really cool geometric pieces and a lovely sun and moon set.
2 Responses to “Celtic Needlework Designs”
Mascarillas para la cara Says:
October 25th, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?
October 25th, 2012 at 7:58 pm
I use a plug-in that hides the version number of WordPress that I use, and I maintain regular backups, but other than that I don’t take any special steps to protect the site from hackers.