I love Celtic knotwork. These pieces aren't all knotwork, but include any kind of Celtic themes. The fact that a designer or company is Scottish, Irish, or Welsh doesn't necessarily mean they'll be included, though. The fact that I've listed a site here does not constitute an endorsement of the designs on it. Some of them are, by my standards, downright ugly. Others just aren't to my tastes - but they are Celtic. If you know of a site I've missed, please let me know!
- Clare's Celtic Cornucopia has some lovely designs, include some by Michael Vickery that seriously endanger my budget. There are some freebies on the site.
- Dragon Fire Designs did have a complementary Celtic Knot pattern on their site. I can't find it now, but I've written to ask if its still available. They keep releasing more and more beautiful designs.
- X-Calibre Designs Celtic Page
- At River's End has a collection called "I Am Of Ireland"
- Textured Treasures offers some marvelous - and, from the looks of them - challenging designs. I especially like the Twilight, Midnight and Dawn series.
- Stacy's Cross-Stitch Place has quite a few Scottish tartans graphed for cross-stitch.
- Classic Stitches - magazine published in Scotland with some lovely free patterns to download.
- Mearnscraft - Cross-Stitch from Scotland
- Avalon Stitchery says "Pagan/Celtic/Medieval Cross-Stitch Patterns Designs by Margaret March." There are two lovely freebies available on the site, and I look forward to seeing more of Margaret's work.
- I recently ran across some very nice Celtic designs from Y-Knot Designs. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a web site at all. I did find some of the designs on the web site for New Zealand Needlecraft (along with other Celtic designs by other designers I'd never seen before).
- Aon Celtic Art & Illumination has several free designs, including some lovely knotwork.
- Celtic Cross Stitch not only has lovely designs, they offer a free Celtic Alphabet generator that you can use to chart your mottos.
- Hillcroft House has twenty different Celtic knot patterns available, according to their web site, as well as astrological designs.
- Milestone Designs offers quite a few Celtic and Welsh designs, some free and some for sale.
- Jaye's Stitchery has a wide variety of Celtic pieces.
- OK Studios has several nice free Celtic motifs.
- PK Designs has a nice little free Celtic knot pattern.
- The Needlepoint Company has more Celtic designs and some nice moon and earth pieces.
- Criss-Cross Designs offers Celtic, Egyptian and astrological designs.
- Jeanette Ardern Designs has a few Celtic pieces, some really cool geometric pieces and a lovely sun and moon set.
- Aion Needlecrafts has some very colorful Celtic animals.
- Musgrave Designs is a Scottish company that offers Celtic and Scottish designs.
- The Celtic Collection at The Imray Shop looks incredible!
Last updated November 8, 2001
Main page for this section of the site
Up to the next level,
which might be TechnoMom's
graphics created by Sam
Chupp and Cynthia Armistead
My opinions are mine alone, and do not represent those of any employer,
client, family, significant other, house plant or other entity unless
Copyright © 1996-2006, Cynthia L.
Armistead, All Rights Reserved.
This file last modified 05/26/18