Go over to Wikipedia and enter your birthdate and then pick 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday that occurred on the day of your birthday.
Okay – my birthday is November 12, 1966. Oddly enough, I couldn’t find anything that happened on my actual date of birth. There were plenty of things that happened on November 12 of other years. I tried to pick relatively upbeat events.
- 1847 — Sir James Young Simpson, a British physician, is the first to use chloroform as an anaesthetic.
- 1981 — The Space Shuttle Columbia becomes the first spacecraft to be launched twice.
- 1990 — Tim Berners-Lee publishes a formal proposal for the World Wide Web.
- 1929 — Princess Grace of Monaco, American Actress, Royalty
- 1962 — Naomi Wolf, American author and feminist
- 1916 — Percival Lowell, American amateur astronomer, founder of Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona (b. 1855)