Home » Too Hot!

Too Hot!

It’s 90 degrees F out­side now. It was 103 ear­li­er. We’re still in the first week of June. I have no idea what the “effec­tive tem­per­a­ture” (or what­ev­er they call it) is when the humid­i­ty is fac­tored in.

Even with month­ly fil­ter changes and win­dow units in both bed­rooms, the air con­di­tion­er just can’t keep up.

Unfor­tu­nate­ly, I don’t have any rea­son to think we’ll be able to move to points north before we find out what it’s going to be like here in July and August.

Ugh.

Aren’t there any Cana­di­ans who want to adopt a nice fam­i­ly of three?

10 comments

1. Alice says:

Oh, I thought it was only 95 when I was out stain­ing the deck. ;p Of course, that’s why I gave up and wait­ed until the evening. I think I’ll do the same tomor­row. 🙂

2. cyn says:

Thanks, Wil­low!

Alice, I looked at Accuweath­er right after post­ing. It said the cur­rent temp was 92 and the “Feel­s­Like™” temp was 101! Yeah, I think you’d best do that project in the ear­ly morn­ings and lat­er in the evening to avoid sun­stroke.

3. Alice says:

I’ve been keep­ing a bot­tle of water and it’s in the shade in the evenings. In the morn­ings it’s in full sun and also I have to wait until 11am for the dew to burn off for it to be ful­ly dry so that defeats the pur­pose. 🙂 That’s why I wait­ed until evening. I was much more com­fort­able doing it this evening from 6pm until 8pm than from 10am-2pm this morn­ing.

4. Hope says:

I don’t know what the heat index was today, but my ther­mome­ter read 103 degrees out by the pool.

**send­ing cool thoughts**

5. Dena Shunra says:

It’s 49 here now. Was as high as 58 in the after­noon, but cooled down.

I’m not sure we’re *get­ting* a sum­mer… just an extend­ed spring.

I wish I could send you some coolth…

6. Alice says:

I won­der where this weath­er sta­tion is that’s get­ting this read­ing? Is it in the mid­dle of a park­ing lot with no trees? ;p Weath​er​.com is say­ing 97 with a “feels like” of 97. Even Accuweath​er​.com says 30360 has a report­ing 96, with “Real Feel” of 99.

7. cyn says:

The ther­mome­ter on our front porch says 105 now. It’s under the porch roof, so there’s a lit­tle shade.

Comments are closed.