Happy Valentine’s Day to all, whether you’re part of a couple (triad, quad, etc.) or not
Sambear brought home truffles and flowers! And iTunesiness! And then he went and cooked delicious steaks for dinner!
My baby girl’s sweetie has mono. Ewww. They had to put off their special dinner tonight ’til after he’s feeling better. Hopefully he’ll get over it more easily than she did a few years back! Since she and I have had some sort of flu-thing that we caught from him, I know the poor guy is having rotten luck. Flu, then mono? Ick!
I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at the photos Charlie over at The Daily Coyote. I don’t think it would have occurred to me to call a coyote “cute,” until I saw this. He’s a very well-behaved coyote, raised with lots of help from a cat. ‘d love to show you one of Charlie’s photos here, but I don’t want violate his Mom’s copyright. Go look!
In the not-fun part of the world, the CDC says that at least 82 kids have died in the US playing “the choking game.” I will admit that I initially assumed they were talking about accidents involving autoerotic asphyxiation, but those are actually counted separately. Whodathunkit?
The players are mostly athletes and well-behaved kids who want to get a “high” feeling without drugs or alcohol. Those who have died were all playing alone. The researchers do state that the statistics aren’t reliable, because there’s not a separate category for coroners to use to differentiate suicide from a possible “game” gone wrong, but the expectation is that the problem is being understated rather than overstated.
I really hope my daughter knows that even temporary loss of oxygen to the brain can cause brain damage, but if she didn’t before, she will by tomorrow. She isn’t in the prime age group for this but of craziness, but it’s easier to talk to your children than to bury them. I know, just 82 in how many years? But that’s 82 young people who might be alive if they’d had a better understanding of physiology, at the very least.